“How to reinstall Windows 8 on my HP pavilion laptop, my friend gave me a Windows 8 installation DVD, but my HP pavilion laptop do not support the DVD disc. I also have a USB and have downloaded a Windows 8 ISO image file, how can I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop with the USB flash drive?”
Yes, it is very easy to install Windows 8 with a windows installation DVD, but unfortunately, the HP laptops do not include the DVD/CD drive.
If you have a USB and a Windows 8 ISO image file, you also can install or reinstall the Windows 8 system on HP laptop by yourself.
Follow this article will show you how to install Windows 8 on HP laptop with a USB disk:
1. First, create a Windows 8 USB installation disk.
- 1.1 Download a Windows USB install tool and install it.
- 1.2 Connect a USB with computer.
- 1.3 Run the Windows 8 USB install tool-Finalbooster, click on “Browse” to select a Windows 8 ISO image file.
- 1.4 Click on “Burn to USB” button to burn the Windows 8 ISO image file to USB disk, when get the message “Burning Successfully!”, it means the Windows 8 USB installation disk has been created successfully.
2. Second, install Windows 8 on HP laptop with the USB disk.
- 2.1 Take the USB disk that burned with the Windows 8 ISO image file to connect with the HP laptop that you want to install Windows 8.
- 2.2 Start/restart HP laptop, press Boot Menu Key (F9) when the HP logo flash until the Boot Menu screen appears.
- 2.3 Press Up/Down key to select the USB device, press Enter to set HP laptop boot from the USB flash drive.
- 2.4 When HP laptop boot from the USB successfully, the Windows 8 installation screen comes up, select the preferences on the drop-down list, and then click on Next and follow the instructions to continue.